- North Central State College is accepting applications for a full-time Biology Faculty position (focus Anatomy and Physiology)
- Go to our website »
North Central State College is accepting applications for a full-time Anatomy and Physiology Faculty position.
Essential duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains minimum of 15 credit/18 contact hours of classroom, clinical and/or laboratory instruction per term and reflects a 40-hour workweek.
- Meets with all classes as scheduled and provides the full component of instruction.
- Provides appropriate assistance and supervision to students in all classrooms, clinicals and/or laboratories.
- Delivers instruction based on the learning objectives and course outcomes found in the official College syllabus
- Develops and maintains appropriate course materials to be distributed to students.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills in the faculty member's discipline and in teaching strategies.
- Holds at least four (4) office hours per week for student consultation and advisement.
- Maintains accurate academic records for all students.
- Maintains accurate attendance records for all students.
- Reports attendance information, midterm deficiencies, and final term grade to the Student Records Office in the manner and by the dates specified.
- Operates within the organizational structure and policies of the College.
- Attends departmental, divisional, and professional development meetings and other College activities as required.
- Attends graduation ceremonies and assists as required.
- Assists the divisional Dean, Assistant Dean, Program Director and/or Program Coordinator in maintaining an inventory of appropriate educational supplies and equipment.
- Maintains security of College property.
- Serves on College committees.
- Performs community service including serving on and working with community organizations, area agencies, and /or advisory committees.
- Maintains proper housekeeping, safety, and security in classrooms, clinicals and/or laboratories.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate educational supplies and equipment classrooms, clinicals and/or laboratories.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, peers, and staff to promote competence, education, and training related to program.
- Master's degree in Biology or Biochemistry, or Master's degree in related field and 18 graduate hours in Biology.
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
- Background in Anatomy and Physiology and/or Microbiology preferred.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package that includes health/dental/vision insurance, state retirement system, tuition remission, and much more.
To apply visit https://ncstatecollege.edu/jobs/.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency